Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One year - too fast!


1st Pic - Allie is 4 days old, wearing size NB, weight 6 lb. 15 oz, 20.5 inches long
2nd Pic - Allie is 1 year, wearing 12 month, weight 21 lb. 3 oz, 30.5 inches long

Seems like yesterday we were doing a victory dance because she gained an ounce and was growing.  Now I look at her and she has tripled her size!  My baby girl is now considered a toddler.  I never thought it would be such a hard concept to deal with.  I constantly tell myself to "live in the moment" and relish every second you have with her at this age, bc it does not last long!  Now it is particularly clear beause now the moment is gone and only captured in the photographs I have taken.

Parenthood is one word, humbling.  I must say I was a ten times better parent before Allie came.  I was going to have her eat all organic food, have a set little schedule, and have her never watch t.v.  Wow, I was a rock star parent!  Now...I travel with my phone ready to bust out Elmo, french fries are a vegetable, and if she falls asleep in the car, I keep the car running, sit back in the driver seat and take in the quiet time!  Mistakes were made for sure, but I must say her winning smile makes me realize she is still happy and kicking it!

Next obstacles to tackle, moving from bottle to sippy cup, keeping shoes on...  I think I am going to leave it at that.  Lets not raise that bar to high.  I told myself, lets just be achievers.  This over achieving stuff is sometimes over rated!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Allie is 1! How does time seem to move at warp speed when you become a parent, anyway?! Allie is lucky to have a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is one either (sorry I'm late). I know how much her mommy loves her though, and that's what matters. You do an awesome job, friend, and she is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete