Friday, May 3, 2013

WOMEN!

"The moment I emerged from my mother's womb, however, my possibilities dwarfed those of my siblings, for I was a boy! And my brainy, personable, and good-looking siblings were not. My parents would love us equally, and our teachers would give us similar grades. But at every turn my sisters would be told -- more through signals than words -- that success for them would be "marrying well." I was meanwhile hearing that the world's opportunities were there for me to seize. " - Warren Buffett

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/02/leadership/warren-buffett-women.pr.fortune/index.html

So I am usual not the feminist, but Warren Buffett wrote a very compelling article on WOMEN on where we were and where we are going!  I think it is awesome that we are giving the guys a run for their money on taking on more of those leadership positions in the workforce.  My company, Nelnet, has created lots of cool leadership training/groups for us women to focus on us advancing.  Love how more and more companies are realizing we are a huge asset to this society!

Who knows, this working mom thing, might be the calling I never thought I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment