Monday, June 13, 2011

If you don't own land...rent it!

Nick and I made a "huge" investment this year or renting a plot of land for gardening.  It is costing us a big $25 for the year.  We thought if we come out with some home grown veggies and an activity for the two (soon to be three) of us to do together this summer, we will be successful!

The start of our gardening:  we are going with 8 tomato plants, 2 cucumber plants, 8 bell pepper plants, and 4 jalapeno pepper plants.  If you are in the Lincoln/Omaha area we might hook you up, hoping we have a good harvest :)

This is probably the most "farming" I will ever do in my life.  Nick on the other hand has big plans for us to own farm ground and go bigger.  Sometimes, I am amazed that I could be/am a farmer's wife...  I still think they need to create a FFA association for woman who marry into agriculture, maybe this is something I should start up?!?

My Farmer...

1 comment:

  1. Brookie, I'm with you! I married into a farming family and when I'm at the farm, I'm asking for the nearest internet. :)

    ReplyDelete